AppresenticeshipQ - Mainstreaming Procedures for Quality Apprenticeships in Educational Organizations and Enterprises
Name: AppresenticeshipQ - Mainstreaming Procedures for Quality Apprenticeships in Educational Organizations and Enterprises
Funding entity: National Agency – Erasmus+
Global budget: 381.676,00 €
Financing allocated to CIICESI/ESTG/IPP: 44.188,00 €
Responsible: Dorabela Gamboa
Other researchers from CIICESI: Ricardo Santos and Miguel Lopes
ApprenticeshipQ (further on called AppQ) will support HVET institutions and employers to provide high quality education to their students. The project’s proposed assessment of quality will make these processes more manageable and will benefit all stakeholders. These benefits include lifelong learning for teachers, professors and tutors, enhancements for employers, improvement of student’s skills development and overall higher quality of the learning experience. Therefore, AppQ not only fosters employability for students but also professional development for all stakeholders (students, HVET tutors and employers).
The activities of AppQ will strengthen the cooperation and networking between HVET institutions and their training partners' ́sites (employers), by providing them innovative practices to enhance or establish quality management procedures that were developed and tested during AppQ.
The objectives of the project are to:
- Provide a common understanding of what constitutes quality in apprenticeships/placement schemes from the perspective of the three stakeholder groups involved (HVET Institution, employer and student);
- Improve the quality of the placement dimension in HVET;
- Provide an internal quality manual to institutions and enterprises;
- Improve of theory transfer into practice and vice-versa;
- Propose an external QM measure that will enhance the quality of apprenticeships in different contexts, in alignment with national measures;
- Facilitate exchange of information and good practice among EU member states;
- Propose Self-assessment processes for apprenticeship quality.